Thursday, June 25, 2009

Thus the writing begins. . .


I am embarking on a new journey, to write a book. This is going to be an experiment to see if I have simply the discipline to write one. At 36, I am not getting any younger and if I am going to begin writing, perhaps now is the time. The first book is going to be non-fiction. A satirical look at the nature of beauty, social interaction and how beauty affects us in all the myriad of ways. I am even going to help bring other people's stories to life. In order to facilitate this, I just fired off a letter (via USPS snail mail) to one of my favorite authors to check in and let him know how his work has positively impacted my life. In addition, I am making a commitment to meet with my fellow writer at least once a week to compare notes, add to the book and move forward on the project. One of my clients just finished writing his memiors, and I have to say, I enjoyed quite a bit of it. No reason why I shouldn't try my hand at it, right?

No comments: