Thursday, December 11, 2008

Back & Better than Ever - SEO Style


After my day off, I have to say that I am brimming with excitement regarding the new opportunities that this economy presents.  I encourage clients to look to the web for key advertising opportunities.  I have done several tests recently with print media and have come to the following conclusions about traditional print advertising:
  • Builds brand awareness
  • Communicates how to reach out to a business
  • Creates a sense of community to the business & its credibility in a community (it costs money to advertise)
  • Accesses a niche of readers - a community, a demographic, a type of customer (think fitness magazines or gay resources - they self select for a particular reader)
On the other hand - online seems to do the following:
  • Facilitate research of competitive choices (what service should I use. . .?)
  • Price comparisons of related businesses and their services
  • Create a buying opportunity NOW (like an online shopping cart)
  • Allows for direct feedback on products or services in an interactive way
What has thrilled me was a session of "Business Web Basics" with my friend and client Ann P.  Her business, Premazon Internet Consulting www.premazon.com  took a complex web of information about search engine optimization (SEO) and made it comprehensible.  I didn't become an SEO expert, but I did become an expert in understanding what my SEO expert should do for my & my client's sites.  Thanks Ann!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for your kind words. You know as we talked about that when you give reviews it gets posted online. I found this review by doing a search for my new site. Thanks for all the support. I don't know if I told you, but I did set up a YouTube Channel. check it out at:

Ann Premazon's YouTube Channel


Wishing you success in all your endeavors