Monday, November 9, 2009

Reflections on Philadelphia

Going back to Philadelphia is always a bit bittersweet. There are so many memories there that filled my life and now, several clients which continue to keep bringing me back. Having now been in business successfully for five years, there is a line of satisfied clients and boards that I have been a part of. It is amazing how if you continue to deliver on your promises, have integrity and keep focused on the important things in life: family, friends, experiences and your real passions, you end up with abundance and a steady stream of improving conditions.

A big thank you to Chris D., his new boyfriend Mikey, John W., my former business partner Josh and his lovely wife Djung (and their new boy!), my client DJ and of course the irrepressible David S. for making the trip so fun.

Coincidentally, I was able to spend some time meeting with a supplier of a current client Advanced Sport International (ASI). They have a great operation and it was a pleasure meeting with Roy, Pat and Greg. Fascinating how companies of any size often confront the same issues of communication, silos and client relations. Having fresh eyes often helps. My visit reminded me of the importance not only of long term client relationships, but the importance of being open to opportunities with those businesses which also provide services to your own clients. By helping them, you ultimately help those you work for. The battle to provide always increasing value is never ending.

No comments: