Friday, July 10, 2009

Happy Birthday - Papa

My stepfather, Jim is an amazing man. He has been in real estate for 40+ years, a proud father of two (three if you count me!) and grandfather of two. I am lucky to have had him in my life for 32 years. Always ready with a smile, a professional demeanor and good cheer - he has known great success and also some great losses. It is strange to think of him as a stepfather anymore, he is simply one of my parents as he has been there really my whole life. Happy birthday to him! Plus, he has hardly changed in the last 32 years. Maybe a bit more "hitch in his getup and go" and a bit more salt than pepper in his hair, but his mind is just as agile and sharp. Quick with a turn of phrase and always such a giver, we are all lucky to have him in our lives. Can't wait to have dinner with him on Sunday!

No comments: