Monday, January 19, 2009

12 Key Questions

These qustions arise out of the book First, Break All the Rules. Great questions to ask your employees and ultimately yourself to see if you are fully engaged and ready to be a high performer.

1. Do I know what is expected of me at work?
2. Do I have the right materials and equipment I need to do my work right?
3. At work, do I have the opportunity to do what I do best every day?
4. In the last seven days, have I received recognition or praise for doing good work?
5. Does my supervisor, or someone at work, seem to care about me as a person?
6. Is there someone at work who encourages my development?
7. At work, do my opinions seem to count?
8. Does the mission/purpose of my company make me feel my job is important?
9. Are my co-workers committed to doing quality work?
10. Do I have a best friend at work?
11. In the last six months, has someone at work talked to me about my progress?
12. This last year, have I had opportunities at work to learn and grow?

These questions all link to at least one of the four key business outcomes: Productivity, Profitability, Retention and Customer Satisfaction.

No comments: