Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A New Year, A New Focus

Welcome back friends and happy New Year! It has been a great start to 2009. Anthony and I spent a wonderful week of Christmas and New Year celebrating with family, friends and eating our way through Southern California. Wow was it delicious! Big thanks to Mom & Jim, Susan & Sean and of course Hazel and George for making the holiday so flavorful and indulgent.
New Year was really great with Bryce & Annika and our new friends JJ & Leslie. Sorry to have missed the Giant party with Moby, but when Andrew gets back from Wales, I am sure the whole BF tribe will go out again!
Whew, ok, so on with the post!

I was interviewed yesterday by the Sun Newspapers & Sean Belk about Main Street going online. I do feel that online and virtual components of any business are absolutely essential to the growth of any business. Let me be clear - ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL. If you don't have a website for your business, or for that matter for you personally. Do so. You can have a Facebook, myspace, LinkedIn or whatever, just have something. There are all kinds of resources to help you make yourself & your business exist in the virtual world. The reason for this is simple, you want customers (and people in general) to be able to find you. We are quickly becoming a very flat world, and your online presence is part of who you are and what your business is all about. So for 2009, I encourage all of you to have an online presence. Make it a priority. Let me know if I can help.

No comments: