Friday, February 13, 2009

Focusing on the Positive

Do you ever reflect on how to be more positive?  You ever wish you could be?  When I was in 8th grade, I competed in the Optimist Oratorical competition in Florida.  Wow, what an important experience in my life.  Want to know more?  www.optimist.org 

I still remember my opening line: "Optimism - a way of life."  I came in second in the competition for the state.  It was my first really experience with public speaking and I loved it!  What fun!  The idea of communicating to large groups was so much more than just talking to a single person.  It taught me a powerful lesson about people - they are drawn to the positive.  Not a "put on" kind of positive, but a really robust, honest positive energy.  During this downturn, stop focusing on what isn't happening or the troubles that are going on.  There is still a great amount of money to be made and businesses to be launched.  Life is too short to be brought down by all of the negative press in the world.  Stay focused on the positive, be honest about where you are and realize that successful people stay optimistic both about themselves and their message.  You can too.

1 comment:

Marcia B. said...

I agree with you completely. We all make a conscious decision at some point in our early life about how to live your life. One can chose to be positive and optimistically real; it changes the energy in you and in your environment of people.
Excellent observations Seth.

Marcia