Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Multi-Tasking

Can you find more to do in your day than you seem to have time?  I know I do.  Earlier in this blog, I have talked about not being able to create more time and to stay focused on a given priority.  I wanted to deepen that thought by expanding on focus - you can stay focused on a single objective but may have multiple ways to attain the same goal.

Some refer to this as "multi-tasking" but to me it is more task optimization.  Certain tasks to achieve an objective can be done in certain environments, while other tasks are best suited to a different one.  Today, I had to spend a great deal of time in the car.  A great time to catch up on telecommunication, conference calls and other telephone duties (all hands free of course!)  When in a meeting, being conscious of not only your time, but all of the team members is another way to help you task optimize.  What else do they have to do to further a project?  Have deadlines been set?  Who is following up with those deadlines?

You may not be able to make more time, but you can make the time you have work for you better!

No comments: