Monday, February 16, 2009

Pressure

Being a decisionmaker for small business has benefits and liabilities. I find it interesting that as I work with marketing plans and advertising solutions, I become viewed as a "one stop shop" for sales members of all kinds of publications and advertising resources. Deadlines continue to march forward in print publications and new products are released. Many of these sales members look to me to bring them results. Last time I checked, they were the salesman - not me.

I can even empathize as one of the sales people for a product. Times are hard and finding the right "sell" which will convince an advertiser in this economy to spend money, that has value. As I look at both sides of the issue, it is clear what does work - relationship building. It is equally clear what doesn't work - pressure.

No comments: